Monday, June 25, 2007

HOLY HEART STOPPER (REMIXXX)


That's right, hot damn, we did it. For those of you who know me, you are aware for the past year+ I have been fighting to get Heavy Weights played as a midnight movie. And for those of you who don't know me, now you know that. But this saturday I was ushering the fine film "Dazed and Confused" when Scott (my boss/ runs the midnight) announced the upcoming midnights...and guess what was on that list? HEAVY WEIGHTS!!!
And to add icing to the cake, it is being played in September (when everyone is back for school) and Scott will be gone...SO I AM ANNOUNCING (as I do when he departs). SO YOU BETTER BE THERE - and don't forget your Perkis Power uniforms.

In other news, and related to the blog series Holy Heart Stopper, I (we) were recently almost sued for having their music up. I am unaware on the exact details. But apparently a representative of Kanine Records got in touch with Derek and told him we had to take the songs down, or see consequences (being sued). I just thought I would relay to you how cutty, we the writers, or SEX IN THE BREAK ROOM really are. And for what? You the reader? Damn right. Street-cred, right?

also...i crashed my bike the other night, while intoxicated yes...point of the story, when drunk and riding a bike...look out for jumping curbs.

so to the music portion. After the incident with Kanine Records I looked into what else they had. And I liked what I saw. This post is dedicated to the other artists of Kanine Records. (by the way, if you don't like what I post, check out the Kanine Records website for yourself and give it a look).

First Up: CHAIRLIFT
a music video for their song "At My Side"


Second: Is Mommy And Daddy. For some reason it reminded me of the Murder City Devils. At least wait for the middle of the song to hit, I liked it a lot. A music video for their song "Franconia Road"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job my friend, good job.

 

free counter